Babboe City Cargo Bike
Babboe City Cargo Bike
The Babboe City is the bike to replace your car. With it huge front wheel barrow style box for two kids or anything else you will never want to drive your car again. It rides surprisingly easy for an 8ft long bike and actually better with some weight in the front. This bike can change your life, so beware. Check out this review of the Babboe City from Momentum Magazine or this article from Pedalmn.com about practical daily use.
The Babboe City is a robust 2-wheel cargo bike with an attractive design. The striking beech wood container has smooth, curved corners and a high edge for added safety. The tyres are extra thick, making the cargo bike even more comfortable. The colour combination of anthracite grey/cognac together with the cool varnished wooden container gives the Babboe City cargo bike a contemporary and chic look.
The smart quality of the Babboe City:
- Shimano Nexus 7-speed gears
- Shimano roller brakes (modified drum brakes) front and rear
- Three-point safety belts for children
- Curved corners of the container, no sharp edges
- Stable and sturdy stand
- LED lights front and rear, reflectors on the tyres
- German beech wood container, with PEFC hallmark
- Comprehensively tested for safety and durability by SGS (international inspection institute)
- Modern, robust design by the Dutch design firm Jcobs
- Wooden container with smooth, curved corners especially designed for Babboe
- Anthracite coloured frame in combination with cognac coloured luxury handles and saddle
- Handy mouse holes allow children to climb in and out themselves
- Specially designed luggage carrier, extra sturdy and made especially suitable for child’s seats
- Comfortable, extra thick tyres, resulting into less jolting for children
- In the design of the container, an account was also taken of a Maxi-Cosi carrier that was specially developed for Babboe by Steco. This provides room for two children as well as a Maxi-Cosi in the container.
- Specially designed grey rain tent with windows on all four sides
Why a 2-wheel cargo bike?
- Children are safe in front of you in the container, secured with safety belts
- Container features curved corners and a sturdy stand, making it safe
- Rides very comfortably due to stable road-holding and perfect geometry
- Fitted with Shimano 7-speed gears and roller brakes
With a cargo bike cycling with your children is fun once more!
Why so suitable for transporting children?
- No more swaying with children seated at the back and front with shopping hanging from the handlebars
- You can always see what your children are doing; they are not seated out of sight behind you such as in a bike trailer
- Safer than a child’s seat on the bicycle (source: ADAC survey 2011)
- You can cycle with your baby as of 3 months of age
- You can leave your car at home; healthy and good for the environment
Cycling with your children on a cargo bike is safe, comfortable and practical!
|Dimensions assembled||255 cm long * 65 cm wide * 110 cm high|
|Dimensions packed ( l x w x h)||Box 1: 147x22x75cm
|Gears||Shimano Nexus 7-speed gears|
|Brakes||Shimano roller brakes front and rear (modified drum brakes)|
|Frame||Extra sturdy frame provided with shockproof powder coating, the inside is provided with an extra coat|
|Saddle height||Height-adjustable saddle, suitable for persons between 1.57 and 1.98 m tall|
|Lights||LED lights front and rear|
|Rims||Double-walled front and rear wheel rims|
|Spokes||Extra sturdy spokes|
|Tyre size||26 * 2.125 inch rear wheel and 20 * 2.125 inch front wheel|
|Lock||ART-approved ring lock (Abus or AXA)|
|Container load||Up to 80 kg|
|Saddle load||Up to 100 kg|
|Rear carrier load||Up to 25 kg|
|Step up for children||Yes, so-called mouse holes on the side of the container|
|Material of container||European (German) beech wood, pressed into curved shape for extra sturdiness and round corners for safety (no sharp edges). The container is made from PEFC hallmark wood (European hallmark for wood)|
|Dimensions of container||The width of the container tapers off a little. The widest point is 64 cm, which tapers off to ≈ 58 cm. The length of the container is ≈ 99 cm.|
|Other specifications||Fitted with a sturdy stand
2 three-point seat belts
Closed chain guard
Stand suitable for mounting a rain tent
Extra benches with 2 three-point seat belts
MaxiCosi carrier from Steco, specially designed for the Babboe City
The Babboe cargo bikes have been tested by SGS (independent testing institute). The weights indicated are the maximum values that were tested. Higher values were not tested.